Hi, this is J.J. Zhu. I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen, at the Empirical Inference Department.
- Starting in June, I will be the head of a research group (similar to assistant professor in North American systems) at the Weierstrass Institute, Berlin.
- My group will focus on the mathematical foundations and applications of machine learning and data-driven control & optimization, especially on robustness, generalization, and interfacing dynamical systems and learning.
- Please feel free to get in touch if you are a prospective student (more information coming soon).
In general, I am an applied mathematician interested in optimization, function spaces, probability, data, systems, and control. More specifically, I am interested in the following technical topics.
- (Distributionally) Robust optimization, stochastic optimization
- Machine learning, kernel methods
- Numerical analysis, numerical optimization
- Stochastic systems, control, reinforcement learning